Olomouc is a university city in Czech Republic, the metropolis of Moravia. It has approximately 101 thousands inhabitants.
Being one of the biggest conservation areas in Czech Republic, the city offers many opportunities how to spend free time. You can see some history in Regional museum. For families with children we recommend ZOO Svatý Kopeček, modern aquapark or cycleways. You can also visit shopping centres.
One of the most significant monuments is The Holy Trinity Column, which was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2000. See also Theresian Gate from 1752, that was bulit during fortress construction around the city and was named after Maria Theresa when she visited the city back in 1754. It was built to prevent the invasion of enemies into the city. You cannot miss Olomouc castle, one of the most significant castle areas. Part of it is St.Wenceslas Cathedral, named after Wenceslaus III., last of the Přemyslid dynasty who was murdered in the area. Worth the visit is also Olomouc Archdiocesan Museum whose exhibits will leave a huge impact on you. It was awarded with European Heritage Label and is one of nine European historical sights that celebrate our history. See also Town Hall with Astronomical Clock, fountains in the city center or Jewish monuments on the Jan Palach Square where a Jewish synagogue used to be.
The region is very rich in places worth seeing. Less than 35 km from Olomouc is situated Bouzov castle, Sovinec castle or Helfštýn, famous for annual blacksmith reunion Hefaiston. In Náměšť na Hané are displayed carriages of the Olomouc archbishops and bishops. Historical carriages can be found also in the nearby museum in Čechy pod Kosířem. For those who like adventure we recommend visiting Mladeč or Javoříško Caves. If you crave more history, visit open air folk museumin Příkazy, that will show you life and crafts of people from the region.
- Parks http://tourism.olomouc.eu
- Vila Primavesi http://www.vilaprimavesi.cz/en/tours/
- Monuments http://tourism.olomouc.eu
- Gallery http://tourism.olomouc.eu/culture/galleries/cs
- Museums http://tourism.olomouc.eu/culture/museums/cs
- Fort Science http://www.pevnostpoznani.cz
- Haunted House http://strasidelnydum.cz/
- SEGWAY Tours http://www.segway-olomouc.cz/
- Baluo Application Centre - health, movement, sport http://www.acbaluo.cz/
- Exit game http://www.exitgameolomouc.cz/
- Aquapark http://www.aqua-olomouc.cz
- Zoo Olomouc http://www.zoo-olomouc.cz
- Paintball http://paintball.pgo.cz
- Rope Centre http://www.lanovecentrum.cz
- Golf Resort Olomouc http://www.golf-olomouc.cz
- Veteran Arena http://www.veteranarena.cz
- Tvarůžky Museum http://www.tvaruzky.cz
- Cinemas http://tourism.olomouc.eu/culture/cinemas/cs
- Music and Theatre http://tourism.olomouc.eu/culture/music-theatre/cs
- Bouzov Castle http://www.hrad-bouzov.cz
- Kudy z nudy https://www.kudyznudy.cz/